Revelations 18:9-11 “The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her, when they see the smoke of her burning, 10 standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.’ 11 “And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore
- Former Treasury Official Warns of Complete Economic Implosion if US Dollar Loses Global Reserve Currency Status
- Former Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs for the U.S. Department of the Treasury Monica Crowley has warned of “catastrophic” consequences if the U.S. dollar loses its status as the world’s reserve currency. “That would mean the end of the U.S. dollar,” she said, predicting that “there would be a complete implosion of the global economic system.”
- Crowley explained that since the end of World War II, the dollar has been considered a safe haven. Initially, it was backed by gold, but after President Nixon took the U.S. off the gold standard, there has been no hard asset backing the dollar for the last 50 years. Instead, it has been backed by “the strength and economic power” of the U.S., she said.
- The former Treasury official added that another important factor is “the fact that oil has always been traded in dollars,” warning:
- If that were to end, that would mean the end of the U.S. dollar.
- Crowley continued: “On top of that, now you do have this perfect storm of Biden’s weakness, his war on American domestic energy production, the Ukraine war … Because of all of these things, we’ve got America’s enemies, led by China, forming a new economic bloc.”
Read the original article by clicking here.