Micah 1:4 And the mountains will melt under him, and the valleys will split open, like wax before the fire, like waters poured down a steep place.
- Chile on Alert as Active Villarrica Volcano Rumbles, Spits Fire
- Since October, the 2,847-meter (9,300-foot)-high Villarrica has been the site of gas explosions and seismic events, with pillars of fire up to 220 meters high shooting out of its lava lake.
- Alvaro Amigo, the head of the National Volcanic Surveillance Network, told AFP that “while we cannot predict when the volcano will erupt, the conditions are in place,”
- “The thing about Villarrica is the risk, because many people are living in areas that are highly exposed” to potential damage from the volcano, said geophysicist Cristian Farias.
- The glacier-clad volcano overlooks the city of Puccon, with a population of around 28,000 people who live just 15 kilometers (10 miles) from the peak.
Read the original article by clicking here.