Revelations 6:3-4 “when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4 And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
- A decade of darkness, below-freezing temperatures and starvation for BILLIONS: The potential horrors of what a nuclear winter would really be like – as scientists call for ‘urgent’ public education
- Smoke from the fires started by nuclear weapons would rise into the atmosphere, blocking out the sun.
- The resulting perpetual darkness would mean freezing temperatures and crop failure, followed by mass starvation and death
- While it sounds very much like a fictional scenario, an expert describes a nuclear winter as a real
- Research by Rutgers University experts published in August suggests even a limited nuclear war could trigger global starvation of hundreds of millions of people.
- Fatalities arising from nuclear winter effects over the months after the war would lead to casualty numbers many times greater than those suffered in the more immediate blast, heat, fires and radiation, it claims.
- Paul Ingram, an academic at the University of Cambridge’s Centre for the Study of Existential Risk (CSER), thinks that the public need to be educated on long-term climate effects of nuclear war ‘given the current risk’ – the highest in decades.
- In September, Putin warned the West he was not bluffing when he said he’d be ready to use nuclear weapons to defend Russia. In September, Putin warned the West he was not bluffing when he said he’d be ready to use nuclear weapons to defend Russia
Read the original article by clicking here.