Matthew 24:6 “And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.”
- Impotent U.N. Sidelined as Chief Guterres Hits Russia with List of Demands
- The veteran Portuguese politician spoke after an emergency General Assembly session called for the withdrawal of all Russian troops. The resolution was entirely symbolic and is not legally binding nor enforceable at any level, AP reports.
- The vote on the “Aggression against Ukraine” resolution was 141-5, with 35 abstentions. It was moved and approved under the shadow of Russia bombarding Ukraine’s second-largest city and besieging two important ports, all while a huge convoy of Russian military vehicles stood poised outside the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv.
- “We don’t have a moment to lose,” he said. “The brutal effects of the conflict are plain to see … It threatens to get much, much worse.”
- China was among the 35 countries which abstained in the vote, while just five — Eritrea, North Korea, Syria, Belarus and of course Russia — voted against it.
Read the original article by clicking here.