Matthew 5:10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
- Concerns Over 87,000 New IRS Agents Mounting After Senator Demanded the IRS Target Conservatives
- In an exclusive report, The Daily Signal, the media arm of The Heritage Foundation, reports a total of 176 pages of correspondence from and to the Rhode Island senator [Sheldon Whitehouse] obtained from the IRS by the conservative watchdog group American Accountability Foundation through the Freedom of Information Act.
- “Tax-exempt status provides a substantial benefit to charitable organizations and reflects the federal government’s endorsement of an organization’s activities,” Whitehouse wrote to the IRS chief. “Organizations that knowingly put in danger minors entrusted to their care should not enjoy the benefits of tax-exempt status. Accordingly, I urge the IRS to review whether it should revoke Turning Point USA’s tax-exempt status.”
- Meanwhile, conservatives are also sounding an alarm over the new Respect for Marriage Act passed by the U.S. Senate
- In a statement, Jason Yates, CEO of My Faith Votes, warned “Religious institutions like churches, Christian colleges, faith-based nonprofit organizations, and Christian small businesses will undoubtedly face unending lawsuits and government harassment like IRS investigations for adhering to a biblical worldview. Perhaps this is why the Biden administration is amassing a small army of 87,000 new IRS agents,” the statement concluded.
Read the original article by clicking here.