- America’s People’s Convoy gets ready to roll! One thousand trucks begin 11-day drive from California to D.C. TODAY to protest COVID mask and vaccine mandates
- The organizers also claim the convoy is ‘about freedom and unity,’ noting the truckers are ‘riding unified across party and state lines and with people of all colors and creeds’
- Organizers and participants argue the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions and mandates are unconstitutional and claim the ‘government has forgotten its place’
- The People’s Convoy has called on the federal government to end the National Emergency enacted at the start of the pandemic, which President Joe Biden extended on Friday despite calls from Congress to end it
- The District of Columbia government – including Democrat Mayor Muriel Bowser – and the U.S. Capitol Police are requesting the National Guard assistance
- DC leaders have also increased police presence in the city and plan to reinstall the fencing that surrounded the Capitol complex for much of 2021
Read the original article by clicking here.