Nahum 1:5 “The Mountains quake before him; the hills melt; the earth heaves before him, the world and all who dwell in it.”
- Tonga faces ‘unprecedented disaster’ as New Zealand warns of further eruptions and tsunami risk
- New Zealand warned of further eruptions that may complicate the delivery of aid to remote islands where communications are down.
- Tongan Prime Minster Siaosi Sovaleni said all houses on the island of Mango, where 36 people live, were destroyed.
- The deaths of three people and several other injuries, and outlined the scale of destruction to communities.
- The eruption on Saturday generated tsunami waves up to 49 feet (15 meters) high that hit the west coast of Tonga’s main island
- With cleanup efforts underway, rescue workers are racing to deliver safe drinking water to the island nation as it grapples with the shortages.
- Tonga’s communication systems remain severely limited after damage to a key undersea cable cut international and inter-island calls
Read the original article by clicking here.