Revelations 18:9-11 “The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her, when they see the smoke of her burning, 10 standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.’ 11 “And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore
- ‘Blanket insurance’ of bank deposits is not being discussed, Yellen tells senators
- Federal bank regulators are not considering any plans to insure all U.S. bank deposits without congressional approval, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen told members of a Senate Appropriations subcommittee on Wednesday.
- Several banking groups and consumer advocates have called for some kind of a universal deposit guarantee after the government refunded most of the uninsured deposits at two banks that collapsed earlier this month, California-based Silicon Valley Bank and New York-based Signature Bank
- “I have not considered or discussed anything having to do with blanket insurance or guarantees of all deposits.”
- In Washington, the emergency deposit guarantees made for SVB and Signature have set off a fierce debate over whether big banks that took excessive risks got a special bailout, while smaller institutions are being forced to confront a rush of withdrawals… without any special help.
Read the original article by clicking here.