Luke 8:13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.
- Christians could be U.S. minority by 2070, Pew Research study finds
- Pew study, titled “Modeling the Future of Religion in America.”
- If current “religious switching” trends continue, as many as 52% of Americans will likely be non-religious and 35% will likely be Christian in 48 years, the Pew Research group said Tuesday.
- Researchers described religious switching as changing one’s identity from one faith to another or none, and stressed that their findings represent “only possibilities” for religious change in America, not “predictions of what will happen.”
- In the early 1990s, “about 90% of Americans identified as Christians” but a “steadily shrinking share” of those raised as Christians have retained their faith into adulthood, Pew said. By contrast, a growing number of Americans say they’ve shed their early identity, as noted by the 2020 survey.
Read the original article by clicking here.