- GoFundMe’s ‘attack’ on Canada’s Freedom Convoy shows dangers of big tech: ex-NY official
- GoFundMe’s decision to remove the fundraiser for the trucker freedom protest in Ottawa is the latest example of big tech trying to shut down voices shunned by the left and is the “latest red flag that Silicon Valley’s power over us has to be stopped,” a former lieutenant governor of New York said.
- Icing out the protesters from the $10 million raised in online donations.
- The company defended its move based on reports that there has been “violence and other unlawful activity.”
- Portland, Ore., 2020, GoFundMe seemed to have no issue helping raise “hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Portland General Defense Committee” that defended those arrested in the city “who set fires to police stations, vandalized city hall, wielded weapons and injured police officers.”
Read the original article by clicking here.