Ecclesiastes 5:8 If you see the extortion[a] of the poor, or the perversion[b] of justice and fairness in the government,[c] do not be astonished by the matter. For the high official is watched by a higher official,[d] and there are higher ones over them![e]
- Georgia Grand Jury Indicts Donald Trump and 18 Other Individuals.
- A Georgia grand jury has indicted former President Donald Trump and 18 other individuals in an election interference case. Trump faces thirteen charges, the most significant charge being a violation of the Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act.
- Among the additional individuals charged are former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (who led the city through the aftermath of 9/11), former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, attorney John Eastman, former Department of Justice attorney Jeffery Clark, attorney Sydney Powell, attorney Kenneth Chesebro, and pro-DeSantis attorney Jenna Ellis. The indictment in total is 98 pages long.
- Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, during a late night press conference, said that the RICO charges faced by the 19 individuals entailed prison sentences. The defendants have been told they have until noon on August 25th to voluntarily surrender. She added that she intends to try all of the defendants together.
- The news comes hours after District Attorney Fani Willis published a charging docket before the grand jury had even voted.
- The uploading of the docket report; the media knowledge of how many witnesses the prosecution was bringing to the grand jury; and knowledge of when the grand jury was voting on the indictment raises serious questions about the process, which is supposed to be sealed from the public.
Read the original article by clicking here.