Matthew 24:6 “And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.”
- Measuring the holes in America’s hypersonic defense
- US reliance on Standard Missile-6 for its air defense leaves it increasingly vulnerable to China and Russia’s hypersonic weapons
- Currently, US missile defense capabilities face significant political, technical and cost constraints, which could limit their effectiveness against hypersonic threats.
- Political sensitivity to the deployment of missile defense systems in US ally countries can leave blind spots that open wider vulnerabilities. Such countries may be concerned about becoming the targets of an attack themselves.
- The geographic limitations of missile defense radar mean that not all critical areas can be protected against attack
- That’s noted in the fact that NATO’s missile shield could not protect Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Turkey from a missile attack coming from Iran by midcourse-interception systems based in Poland
- The high price per SM-6 Dual missile – estimated at US$5 million per round
Read the original article by clicking here.